Getting started at Gracie Barra is easy
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CLASS
and intro session absolutely FREE!
Head Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor Professor, Owner
Gracie Barra River Oaks / Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & Mixed Martial Arts Founder
Professor Ulpiano Malachias was born in Belo Horizonte, Brazil in 1979 and has been involved in athletics and Martial Arts in particular almost from the beginning. He began training and competing in Judo at the young age of 4 years old and continued for 10 years, reaching green belt rank. At the age of 17 he was introduced to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu by friend Erik Wanderley, now 4th degree black belt, and has been a dedicated practitioner of the sport ever since.
Ulpiano and the GBW team expanded to a new, larger 10,000 sqft location in summer of 2016 to continue to grow the academy offerings and legacy for his students.
Main Achievements as Ibjjf (international brazilin jiu jitsu federation) black belt:
• Asian Champion (2006)
• American National Champion weight division (2004, 2005, 2008)
• American Nation Champion Open Division black belt (2008)
• Pan American Championship Silver Medal (2010)
• Pan American Championship Bronze Medal (2011, 2005, 2004)
• World Nogi Bronze Medal black belt (2008)
• European Championship Bronze Medal (2007)
• European Championship Silver Medal (2009)
• Houston Open Champion (2013)
• Houston Open Silver medal (2014)
• Houston Open Silver medal Open Division (2014)
• Dallas open Silver Medal (2011)
• Dallas Open Championship Bronze Medal (2013, 2014)
See IBJJF.com for a list of titles held as a Brazilian jiu jitsu competitor. (International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation
• IBJJF Jiu-Jitsu Championship Open 2022 Gold Medal
Gracie Barra is one of the most trusted names in martial arts today. Our values, commitment to excellence and dedication to Jiu-Jitsu have set us apart as a leader in the Rio Rancho martial arts community.
Gracie Barra is no ordinary martial arts organization. Students enjoy access to over 700 Gracie Barra Schools worldwide, professional-quality Jiu-Jitsu gear and online resources to further their training. We promote a holistic perspective to Jiu-Jitsu, including physical and mental wellness. All GB Schools are supervised by a Gracie Barra certified instructor, who supports students and helps each one achieve their potential through challenging training programs. Each class at Gracie Barra River Oaks is customized to offer maximum benefit for the students in attendance.